SERVPRO of El Cajon drying out attic
This home suffered from a water damage, which was due from a pipe leak coming from the air conditioner. As a result it led to damages to the flooring in the kitchen and dining room area. This home owner wanted to save as much carpeting as possible to restore it if it was possible at all. SERVPRO of El Cajon was to do this successfully thank to Chuck our owner of SERVPRO. The team were able to savage the carpet by removing the pad and pacing the fans underneath to dry out.
SERVPRO of El Cajon came in and took action "Like it never even happened." the attic, kitchen and dinning room area never looked this good. Customers were proud and happy with out services.
Should you have a water loss, contact SERVPRO of El Cajon at (619) 447-7776. We are open 24/7 and would love to help you through this experience.
What to Know About Fire Damage Cleanup
Fire damage cleanup
is a complicated process that often includes water damage, fire damage, and smoke damage. It’s also possible the property has structural problems, or requires emergency board up services to protect it from the outside elements. Because fire damage cleanup can be such a big job, you should consult with a fire damage restoration company who can help restore your home back to preloss condition.
Fire Damage Cleanup Process
If your El Cajon, CA, home or business is damaged by fire, it is easy to be overwhelmed and discouraged by the level of destruction, even after a small fire. Fires cause damage directly to the things it comes into contact with, but also causes secondary damage from soot residues and smoke odor, as well as water damage from extinguishing the fire.
It is important to note that fire damage from soot and smoke can continue to cause damage to items long after the fire is out, and is one of the reasons cleanup should begin as soon as possible. Permanent etching, staining and discoloration are all possible if soot and smoke are allowed to remain on certain items following a fire.
Many items not directly destroyed by a fire can be salvaged and restored following a fire. Items with smoke damage can be cleaned and restored, but prompt action is necessary. A professional restoration company in El Cajon, CA will sort and inventory all item that can be restored from those that are destroyed, and will make every effort to return items to normal.
A fire occurs every 18 seconds in the United States, but only one mater to you.
No damage too big.
With experience in mitigating damages ranging from small offices to skyscrapers even the Pentagon-SERVPRO Professionals can provide quick response to virtually every situation.
Specific tasks to include:
Detailed Cleaning: To remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponging.
Selective Demolition: To remove unsalvageable materials or property.
Pack Outs: To remove salvageale personal property from the affected area for off site cleaning and storage.
Air Flow management: To remove airborne contaminants and soot and to reduce offensive odors.
Deodorization: To remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to usable space.
SERVPRO has the resources to fully manage these task.
SERVPRO Frachise Professionals understand that no damage is small when it comes to your home
Your home is truly a reflection of you, your taste and your personality. Suffering damage to your home can feel like a part of you has been damaged as well. We recognize a loss can make you feel vulnerable or robbed of part of your life. Your loss is unique in how it started, the emotions experienced and the extent of the damage.
When damage affects your home, you want it to be restored to pre loss condition. You cannot afford to let the marketability of your home be affected. That is why SERVPRO Professionals have professionally restored property for over 40 years.
SERVPRO is the trusted choice for hundreds of insurance companies nationwide, because they know SERVPRO Professionals have the experience to do the job right.
- Recognized Industry Leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration
- SERVPRO Professionals Serving America Since 1967
- Over 1,700 Location Nationwide
IICRC Approved School for 5 Cleaning and Restoration Categories:
- Applied Structural Drying
Precautions to take during a thunderstorm
Take shelter and stay safe by following these safety tips during a thunderstorm
With the recent thunderstorms and heavy winds in our area, it is important to be alert and take care during such conditions, both indoors and outdoors.
Here are a few precaution tips one can take when a heavy thunderstorm occurs:
- If you’re planning an outdoors trip, postpone the trip or any activities that include being outdoors to a more suitable time.
- Avoid driving during stormy conditions. Roads will be slippery and wet during bad weather conditions
- Always try to go indoors when there is a heavy thunderstorm
- If you cannot find suitable shelter, get in a car with a metal roof and sides. Make sure all windows are rolled up and doors are closed.
- Keep away from concrete floors or walls. Lightning can travel through any metal wires or bars in concrete walls or flooring.
- Avoid water during a thunderstorm. Lightning can travel through plumbing.
- Switch off all electronic equipment. This includes television sets, kitchen appliances, radios, etc. Lightning can travel through electrical systems.
- Bring your pets indoors. Doghouses and other pet shelters are not suitable protection against lightning strikes
- Stay away from isolated objects such as trees and light posts.
- If you are fishing or swimming, get out of the water immediately, and move away from the body of water. Being near water is extremely dangerous during a lightning storm.
What to do until help arrives
Your home is your castle and its natural for you to want to get your possessions back in order after a fire damage. Timely action is called for, but if incorrectly done, can aggravate the problem.
Fire & Smoke Damage
- Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being impregnated into upholstery and carpets. Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can impregnate upholstery, walls and wood work, causing more damage.
- Blow off or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and carpet traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bath room faucets, trim and appliances with light coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls and tubs if heat is off during freezing season.
- Wash off house plants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Cover upholstery with old sheets before use.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over air registers.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces with out first contacting a professional; restoration service.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture with out first consulting a professional restoration service.
- attempt to clean and electrical appliances, TV sets, radios, ECT. that may have been close to fire, heat and water with out consulting an authorized repair service.
- Use any canned or package food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat and water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged.
- Send garments to ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke ordo.
Emergency storm tips
What to do and don't when a storm strikes.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and table to items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioner on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Orientals or other colored rugs from wet wall to wall carpeting.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Open suitcases and luggage to dry, in sunlight, if possible.
- Pick up loose items, toys, ECT. off of floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your house hold vacuum to remove water.
- Use TVs or other house hold appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
Rafter and ceiling cleaning removes dust, dirt, and grease,
Why you should have SERVPRO of El Cajon clean your rafters and high ceilings?
Vibrations in any business can shake loose dust, causing it to contaminate your business. Dustcan become grounds for mold, viruses, mites, and mold. A few dust will become a fire hazard on high surfaces.
Did you know OSHA can give violations and fines for having an unsafe levels on dust on ceiling and rafters
Also, Chunks of dust and debris can enter the ventilation and clog up the HVAC. Will cause odor and break down the surface that it is on causing rust. Dust collected on surfaces can make a work place unattractive. So have your ceiling, rafters, lighting, conduit, duct work, beams, shelving, hoods, piping, ceiling deck, and other elevated structural components.
Call SERVPRO of El Cajon and we will make it "Like it never even happened."
Happy 13th Anniversary
Congratulations to Amanda our office manager.
Today makes 13 years that Amanda has started with SERVPRO. Amanda is IICRC, Dry Book certified, and Xactimate certified. We are proud to have Amanda here this log she can take a tricky situation and turn it into a simple one, having us in shock.
Amanda we appreciate so much your support over our 13 years at SERVPRO, I look forward to the next 13 years working with you.
So now lets do a little jig to say...take a bow, get some wow and have a day just like you....simply the best. Keep up the good work, we are so proud to have you working here. We hope you do as well.
Happy Anniversary Amanda. Thank you
Smoke and debri damages
Pulling up carpet
We here at SERVPRO specialize in fire and smoke damage restoration, SERVPRO fully understand how disturbing it can be. But we have the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to clean, neutralize, and restore your property back to its fitting condition. Our employees are experts and all are professionally trained, experienced, and have tools to help clean and restore content or structures.
SERVPRO understands there is no time to waste when restoring fire damages in houses, and that is why our professionals stay prepared for these emergencies 24 hours a day. With advanced equipment to address smoke damages, we can clean up both residues and remove lingering odors permanently that exist in open spaces and what has permeated into materials near to the ignition site.