Recent Fire Damage Posts
A fire occurs every 18 seconds in the United States, but only one mater to you.
No damage too big.
With experience in mitigating damages ranging from small offices to skyscrapers even the Pentagon-SERVPRO Professionals can provide quick response to virtually every situation.
Specific tasks to include:
Detailed Cleaning: To remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponging.
Selective Demolition: To remove unsalvageable materials or property.
Pack Outs: To remove salvageale personal property from the affected area for off site cleaning and storage.
Air Flow management: To remove airborne contaminants and soot and to reduce offensive odors.
Deodorization: To remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to usable space.
SERVPRO has the resources to fully manage these task.
What to do until help arrives
Your home is your castle and its natural for you to want to get your possessions back in order after a fire damage. Timely action is called for, but if incorrectly done, can aggravate the problem.
Fire & Smoke Damage
- Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being impregnated into upholstery and carpets. Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can impregnate upholstery, walls and wood work, causing more damage.
- Blow off or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and carpet traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bath room faucets, trim and appliances with light coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls and tubs if heat is off during freezing season.
- Wash off house plants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Cover upholstery with old sheets before use.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over air registers.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces with out first contacting a professional; restoration service.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture with out first consulting a professional restoration service.
- attempt to clean and electrical appliances, TV sets, radios, ECT. that may have been close to fire, heat and water with out consulting an authorized repair service.
- Use any canned or package food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat and water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged.
- Send garments to ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke ordo.
Smoke and debri damages
Pulling up carpet
We here at SERVPRO specialize in fire and smoke damage restoration, SERVPRO fully understand how disturbing it can be. But we have the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to clean, neutralize, and restore your property back to its fitting condition. Our employees are experts and all are professionally trained, experienced, and have tools to help clean and restore content or structures.
SERVPRO understands there is no time to waste when restoring fire damages in houses, and that is why our professionals stay prepared for these emergencies 24 hours a day. With advanced equipment to address smoke damages, we can clean up both residues and remove lingering odors permanently that exist in open spaces and what has permeated into materials near to the ignition site.
Fire place caught on fire
The fire place that caught on fire during a night with the family
SERVPRO is one of the leading fire restoration services. When you call us and bring us on board, you wont be disappointed. WE work with all our customers to ensure them that SERVPRO fully understands the extent of the damage, and will work hard to make it happened.
We guarantee our customers 100% satisfaction with the services we provide, we will not leave until we and our customers know everything has been properly restored. We go over every step twice to make sure we have made our customers are happy with the process. Once the job has been completed we will explain everything and walk you through the area of restoration. We will explain why certain steps were taken, and make sure they are happy with it. WE strive to satisfy our customers and will take that extra mile to make it "Like it never even happened."
Smoke and Soot Damage
Here is Jose cleaning the ceiling fan due to a fire damage that happen up in Alpine while a family was sitting watching TV in the family room.
When there comes fire comes soot clean up. Which are there are two different types of smoke-wet and dry. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of El Cajon will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedure will then be based on the information during pretesting.
Well SERVPRO came in and cleaned up the water and fire damage and then proceeded to work hard on the soot clean up. In matter of time the crew had the house up and ready for the tenants to move back in. The owner was happy with the results and left us a great review and he said "Chuck and his team did great and our house never felt as clean as it does now."
Our goal is to make it...."Like it never even happened."
Why Take the Risk? Call SERVPRO
Fires can be extremely disruptive for business owners, their tenants and even their customers. For this reason, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals offer 24 hour emergency response, and under normal circumstances, will have trained, uniformed technicians on site of a fire damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of fire, smoke and soot cleanup and restoration services, your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional can help get your facility back into operation quickly, saving you time, money and stress.
So before you risk doing more damage to your most valuable business assets by attempting to clean it up yourself, call your local fire, smoke and soot cleanup and restoration experts at SERVPRO of El Cajon 619-447-776
Following a fire, all of your restorable items will be professionally cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition, including: furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring. walls, ceiling. HVAC, and so much more. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals seek out seek out the sources of order and remove them.