Archived Commercial Blog Posts
4 SHOPS AFFECTED DUE TO PIKE LEAK
AIR MOVER DRYING
On this job a main water broke and caused the one business to affect 4 other businesses. SERVPRO of El Cajon was called out to clean up the after math of five businesses. At the end the owner was impressed with how timely we finished and how organized we were.
The most common factor leading to a water break is wear and tear. The average life span of a water main is 60 years, some may last a lot longer and some may leak earlier. Another common reason for a water main to leak before reaching the 60 year point is shoddy plumbing. The prior contractor may not have installed the pipe properly, or may not have used the adequate fittings when connecting to the city main or the piping inside your home.
This picture show the equipment being set up to start the drying process after all water had receded.
the machine helps air quality
A major factor in indoor air quality is inadequate ventilation. It should be noted that studies have shown almost half of the problems associated with poor indoor air quality are a result of poor ventilation. Therefore, attention has become focused on the need to clean the inside of the ventilation system.
How can SERVPRO help?
1) By reducing the contamination in the environment. Effective duct cleaning can remove most of the contamination in the ventilation system.
2)By reducing operating cost. Dirty ventilation systems are expensive ventilation systems. the restriction caused by dirt buildup inside the system increase the costs of operating the system.
3)By reducing add to maintenance costs. Dirty ventilation systems will also increase floor, carpet. wall and ceiling cleaning. if the systems is dirty. it will carry dirt into the indoor environment.
Your SERVPRO Professional will select the best method for cleaning your insureds duct system should the need arise. To ensure the ducts are professionally cleaned, use the professional source: SERVPRO
SERVPRO using "Wall and all"
Cigarette smoke contains a variety of chemicals, some cling and build up on surfaces that are exposed to it. In your home, cigarette smoke can build up on walls, curtains, ceilings, etc......
Besides clinging to walls, curtains and other household items, cigarette smoke can also cling to electronic components (especially computers) and have disastrous effects over time. For example, with computers, the smoke will cling to anything that’s emitting heat like fans and processors. This heat already attracts dust but the dust just magnifies when you add cigarette smoke to the mix. Also, cigarette smoke carries moisture with it and can lead to both a corrosion of parts and a dangerous build-up of dust. Not only are cigarettes bad for your belongings and walls it is bad for your health.
In this picture you can see the before and after with us using "wall and all" to clean the smoke off the wall. Big Difference.
Call SERVPRO at 619-447-7776 and we will make you happy
Jose at his best
Why you should have SERVPRO of El Cajon clean your rafters and high ceilings?
Vibrations in any business can shake loose dust, causing it to contaminate your business. Dustcan become grounds for mold, viruses, mites, and mold. A few dust will become a fire hazard on high surfaces.
Did you know OSHA can give violations and fines for having an unsafe levels on dust on ceiling and rafters
Also, Chunks of dust and debris can enter the ventilation and clog up the HVAC. Will cause odor and break down the surface that it is on causing rust. Dust collected on surfaces can make a work place unattractive. So have your ceiling, rafters, lighting, conduit, duct work, beams, shelving, hoods, piping, ceiling deck, and other elevated structural components.
Call SERVPRO of El Cajon 619-447-7776 and we will make it "Like it never even happened."