Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Preventing water damage will be a whole lot cheaper against water losses and claims. There are simple ways to protect your house and family against costly repairs. Follow these easy tips to keep your house well maintained and safe:
1. Clean gutters
2. Fix water leaks
3. Replace roofing
4. Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly
5. Check appliances regularly
6. Check your water pressure
7. Monitor your water bill
Water damage is the number one culprit that weakens the foundation of your home. Follow these simple steps and you will save cost. As a reminder call your friendly SERVPRO of El Cajon for a free inspection at 619-447-7776
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (619) 447-7776
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.