If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (619) 447-7776

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Water damage can cause mold if not dried properly

5/19/2021 (Permalink)

water damage This is a picture of mold damage because it was not dried properly

The growing fear of mold is causing many states to rush to regulate indoor air quality, despite the lack of a consensus of scientific evidence linking mold to health effects.

Nearly half of all states are considering legislation that would regulate acceptable airborne mold levels. A second trend in legislation would require mold disclosure prior to the sale or lease of properties. This makes the person renting out or selling the property liable for future damages and fees that can be traced back to the presence of an organism that can grow to cover the surface of a ceiling in 24 hours, under the right conditions.

Owners and buyers and lessees may find it extremely beneficial and prudent to go ahead and have suspicious mildew smells or other signs of potential moisture problems investigated.

Contact your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional to help determine the cause of odors and to perform any necessary cleanup and restoration to protect your property. If a mold problem is discovered, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can perform the remediation quickly and safely, adhering to nationally recognized standards.

Other News

View Recent Posts