Emergency storm tips
What to do and don't when a storm strikes.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and table to items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioner on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Orientals or other colored rugs from wet wall to wall carpeting.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Open suitcases and luggage to dry, in sunlight, if possible.
- Pick up loose items, toys, ECT. off of floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your house hold vacuum to remove water.
- Use TVs or other house hold appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.