Preventiong Potential Mold Problem
Mold is every where in our environment and can enter homes easily. Mold grows if there is a water source, organic food source and temperatures between 40 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
When mold begins to grow indoors. it may cause some people to become ill, especially children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems. all agree, growing mold on interior surfaces needs to be removed.
Control Moisture and Reduce Mold
The following steps your insureds can take to help alleviate potential mold problems in their homes or businesses.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work.
- Replace washing machine hoses with steel mesh lines.
- Move large objects away from the walls to provide good air circulation.
- Use exhaust fans in bath rooms. kitchens and laundry rooms.
- Ventilate attics and crawl spaces.
- Clean and dry water-damaged carpets, clothing and bedding within 48 hours.