Employee of the month
Amanda Cressey our office manager is our employee of the month for the month of February. Amanda, has been with the company for 10 plus years. Chuck our owner said that Amanda is organized, efficient and that she works hard on the right things. He was impressed with the amount she accomplished in a day. Team members especially appreciated the leadership role that Amanda has assumed when the team struggled with direction and the allocation of resources. You are a big plus for our company
So, Amanda thanks once again. We really appreciate your top notch efforts on behalf of SERVPRO of El Cajon. We appreciate the effort that you make to maintain a positive attitude even when faced with a challenging situation. Please keep up the good work.
A Smoker’s Lasting Legacy
In this picture you can see the before and after with us using wall and all to clean the smoke off the wall. Big Difference
Cigarettes smoke contains a variety of chemicals, some cling and build up on surfaces that are exposed to it. In your home, cigarettes smoke can build up.
Besides clinging to walls, curtains and other household items, cigarette smoke can also cling to electronic components (especially computers) and have disastrous effects over time. For example, with computers, the smoke will cling to anything that’s emitting heat like fans and processors. This heat already attracts dust” but the dust just magnifies when you add cigarette smoke to the mix. Also, cigarette smoke carries moisture with it and can lead to both a corrosion of parts and a dangerous build-up of dust.
Researchers have known for some time that third hand smoke, as this leftover residue is known, sticks around in the environment long after the smoke has cleared
11 Year Anniversary
Congratulations to Amanda our office manager.
Today makes 11 years that Amanda has started with SERVPRO. Amanda is IICRC, Dry Book certified, and Xactimate certified. We are proud to have Amanda here this log she can take a tricky situation and turn it into a simple one, having us in shock.
Amanda we appreciate so much your support over our 11 years at SERVPRO, I look forward to the next 11 years working with you.
So now lets do a little jig to say...take a bow, get some wow and have a day just like you....simply the best. Keep up the good work, we are so proud to have you working here. We hope you do as well.
Happy Anniversary Amanda. Thank you
How Does Duct Cleaning Help?
Duct Cleaning Equipment.
A major factor in indoor air quality is inadequate ventilation. It should be noted that studies have shown almost half of the problems associated with poor indoor air quality are a result of poor ventilation. Therefore, attention has become focused on the need to clean the inside of the ventilation system.
How can SERVPRO help?
1) By reducing the contamination in the environment. Effective duct cleaning can remove most of the contamination in the ventilation system.
2)By reducing operating cost. Dirty ventilation systems are expensive ventilation systems. the restriction caused by dirt buildup inside the system increase the costs of operating the system.
3)By reducing add to maintenance costs. Dirty ventilation systems will also increase floor, carpet. wall and ceiling cleaning. if the systems is dirty. it will carry dirt into the indoor environment.
Your SERVPRO Professional will select the best method for cleaning your insureds duct system should the need arise. To ensure the ducts are professionally cleaned, use the professional source: SERVPRO
Why Take the Risk? Call SERVPRO
Fires can be extremely disruptive for business owners, their tenants and even their customers. For this reason, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals offer 24 hour emergency response, and under normal circumstances, will have trained, uniformed technicians on site of a fire damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of fire, smoke and soot cleanup and restoration services, your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional can help get your facility back into operation quickly, saving you time, money and stress.
So before you risk doing more damage to your most valuable business assets by attempting to clean it up yourself, call your local fire, smoke and soot cleanup and restoration experts at SERVPRO of El Cajon 619-447-776
Following a fire, all of your restorable items will be professionally cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition, including: furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring. walls, ceiling. HVAC, and so much more. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals seek out seek out the sources of order and remove them.
With any leak, ITS THE WATER YOU DOT SEE that can cause the MOST DAMAGES
When you experience a water damage, make the right choice. A mop and common cleaning products may not be enough for unseen water intrusions. While the surface may seem dry, the water you don't see can contain bacteria, of cause mold, rot and other unseen damages.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals understand that health risk, mold and other damage can result from unseen water. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services, your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional can provide the drying, deodorizing and the protection needed for you or your customers property and its contents.
So before risking the value of the property or further damage by attempting to clean and dry it yourself, or if you want to be sure that a past event is not creating problems today, call your local water damage cleanup and restoration at 619-447-7776 or dial 1-800-SERVPRO to locate the nearest SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
Mold Fears Fuel Indoor Air Quality Legislation
The growing fear of mold is causing many states to rush to regulate indoor air quality, despite the lake of consensus scientific evidence linking mold to human illness.
Nearly half of all states are considering legislation that would regulate acceptable airborne mold levels. A second trend in legislation would require mold disclosure prior to the sale or lease of properties. "This makes the person renting out or selling the property liable for future damages and fees that can be traced back to the presence of an organism that can grow to cover the surface of a ceiling in 24 hours, under the right conditions.
Owners and buyers and lessees may find it extremely beneficial and prudent to go ahead and have suspicious mildew smells or other signs of potential moisture problems investigated.
Contact your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional to help determine the cause of odors and to perform any necessary cleanup and restoration to protect your property. If a mold problem is discovered. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can perform the remediation quickly and safely, adhering to nationally recognized standards.
Water Damage Cleanup a Risky Proposition for Property Owners
Call your Local SERVPRO
A waster damage, even one that is small or not covered by your insurance policy, can become a big problem if not handled correctly. Before you undertake the cleanup yourself, consider the risk. Undetected moisture whether it has soaked into the walls or seeped under the flooring can result in the need for costly structural repairs or mold remediation in the future. Sometimes these damages are found much later.
DO NOT risk doing the cleanup job yourself. Call your local SERVPRO Professional, a member of a nationally known organization trusted by over 600 insurance companies nationwide, to handle fire and water cleanup and restoration claims. Providing 24 hour emergency service, a highly trained SERVPRO Professional will arrive at your facility quickly to ensure your building and contents are thoroughly dried and protected.
Preventing Potential Mold Problems
Mold is everywhere in our environment and can enter homes easily. Mold grows if there is a water source, organic food source and temperatures between 40 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
When mold begins to grow indoors. it may cause some people to become ill, especially children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems. all agree, growing mold on interior surfaces needs to be removed.
Control Moisture and Reduce Mold
The following steps your insureds can take to help alleviate potential mold problems in their homes or businesses.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work.
- Replace washing machine hoses with steel mesh lines.
- Move large objects away from the walls to provide good air circulation.
- Use exhaust fans in bath rooms. kitchens and laundry rooms.
- Ventilate attics and crawl spaces.
- Clean and dry water-damaged carpets, clothing and bedding within 48 hours.
Harmful Waste (Sewage, Blood or other bodily fluid)
Reduce, reuse, recycle or treat waste instead of disposing of it. Try to reduce, reuse, recycle or treat your waste instead of disposing of it. If you must dispose of it, make sure it ultimately goes to a permitted hazardous waste management facility, also called a treatment, storage or disposal or recycling facility.
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency personnel if a life threatening situation is occurring.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- For sewage damages, turn off the HVAC system.
- Attempt cleanup of any kind.
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
- Eat, drink, smoke, apply cosmetics or handle contact lenses in affected area.
If exposed to any type of harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Please consult your local health department or physician.